Is your self-worth being stripped away by an abusive partner who treats you like a household appliance? Are you being bullied and manipulated and made to feel it’s your fault?
The Truth is…Nothing is more DAMAGING than living with an emotional abuser whose controlling and crazy-making behaviors are causing you to feel afraid, depressed and alone. Physical abuse leaves visible scars, but emotional abuse wounds you to the core. You know you’re in pain, and you feel isolated, unloved, and even frightened. But your abuser has an uncanny way of turning the tables on you and denying the abuse.
You just wish your partner would finally wake up and treat you with the love, kindness and respect you long for. But no matter what you do, nothing changes.
Victims often fear if they stand up for themselves, their partner will leave or make things worse. But once you draw a line in the sand and demand a more mature relationship, your abuser will have to make a choice — either change the behaviors or risk losing you. Even if your partner refuses to change, you can feel more confident and in control until you decide your next steps.
In this book, you will learn:
- How to restore your shattered identity and sense of self
- How to cope with hopelessness and despair in long-term abuse
- How to stick to your non-negotiable boundaries, even if it means walking out the door
- The critical, iron-clad deal breakers that should cause you to pack your bags
- How to successfully navigate inner conflict and turmoil about leaving
- How to effectively confront your abuser about their unacceptable behaviors
- What it really takes for an abuser to make lasting change
- How to manage the resistant abuser if you choose to stay
- How to protect your children from an emotional abuser
- The 11-step preparation plan before you walk out the door
- The self-esteem boosting blueprint for a stronger new you
- The power of personal responsibility and a growth mindset
- How to establish the new baseline for a healthy, intimate relationship to use for life
- The next steps to create an abuse-free future