Tag Archives for: "Computers & Technology"
Bargain eBook Hunter traps these FREE eBooks just for you! Get them quick before they get away!
Due to international copyrights not all eBooks will be available or similarly priced outside of the US. – Holly
Genre(s): Computers & Technology
Video games can be “well played” in two senses. On the one hand, well played is to games as well read is to books. On the other hand, well played as in well done. This book is full of in-depth close readings of video games that parse out the various meanings to be found in the experience of playing a game. 22 contributors (developers, scholars, reviewers and bloggers) look at video games through both senses of “well played.” The goal is to help develop and define a literacy of games as well as a sense of their value as an experience. Video games are a complex medium that merits careful interpretation and insightful analysis.
THE #1 AMAZON HORROR BESTSELLER!
Nobody knew where it came from.
Nobody knew why it came.
Even so, for two-bit (and antisocial) reporter Andy Pointer, the appearance in his city of a man made of moving stone meant the scoop of a lifetime. He would soon learn that The Stone Man was much more–and much worse–than that.
This is Andy’s account of everything that came afterwards, and the people that were lost along the way; of the terrible price that he, and the rest of his country, had to pay.
The destruction. The visions. The dying.
PRAISE FOR ‘THE STONE MAN’:
- “Once again believable characters and a mind blowing story, and when Luke Smitherd is recognised as the great writer he is he is bound to be compared to the likes of James
Herbert and Stephen King.”-Scrooby1, Amazon UK Review
- “Tremendous. I was looking for something completely original and different, this nailed it spot on. Highly recommended.”-Neil Novita, Amazon USA Review
- “I have owned a Kindle for about 2 years and downloaded some excellent books for very little cost but Luke Smitherd’s works beat the lot”-Silversmith, Amazon UK Review
- “This ebook was fantastic and totally different from any other sci-fi thriller I’ve ever read…I kept thinking ‘What if…what if…’-Carl Law, Amazon US Review
- “It was one of those books where you tell yourself you will read just one more page, then look at the clock and realise that it’s 2 hours later , I would thoroughly
recommend it”-Elaine Hosegood, Amazon UK Review
- “As soon as I started reading I was completely sucked in, which very rarely happens for me. I couldn’t wait to get home and read it each night. I laughed. I cried. I did actual real life gasps of horror.”-Katie, Amazon UK Review
- “Fantastically written characters who make you care about them right from the off, an
unfathomable villain who defies all understanding and a supporting cast that flesh out the story beautifully.”-Andy Pettifer, Goodreads Review
- “I spend a lot of time trawling through the kindle book store looking for cheap books, relying on reviews to make my purchases. I have come across some less than average
books using this method, but also some real gems. This book definitely falls into the latter category. It had me gripped from page one right through to the Alternative Ending Synopsis at the end. The other reviews leave me little to say other than thanks Luke.”-Steve Sut, Amazon UK
- “This book starts with a bang and doesn’t let up. A cracking adventure mystery, with a heavy dose of horror to keep you on the edge of your seat. The Stone Man himself if a
very frightening and enigmatic figure; I read this in two sittings.
Recommended.”-Dickydavis, Goodreads review
- “A very enjoyable read and cracking value at the price.Do not be put off by Science Fiction or Horror in the title if they are not your bag, this is an inteligent and thought provoking read. Highly recommended.”-Dave Osborn, Amazon UK
- “I literally found this hard to stop reading,I wanted to know the answers.I have been around a good while so have read all of Asimov, Heinlein, Bradbury etc. and I would
genuinely put this author in the same class as these class acts.”-K
Murphy, Amazon UK Review
- “…so my 5-star review? That’s five stars in comparison to REAL books; not just the stuff you’ll find self-published on Kindle. The Stone Man is the sort of book that, if I’d splashed ten quid on in an airport or train station, bookstore, I’d have considered it money well-spent.” Militant Ginger,
Amazon USA Review
A full-length novel. 140,000 words.
FROM THE AUTHOR OF ‘THE PHYSICS OF THE DEAD’ AND ‘THE BLACK ROOM’ SERIES, AVAILABLE ON THE KINDLE STORE.
Genre(s): Action & Adventure
From the publisher of Lee Child and Tess Gerritsen comes the bestselling debut novel from rising star of crime fiction, Sean Black.”An excellent first novel.” – The Daily Telegraph”An impressive debut novel featuring one of the finest female villains since Ian Fleming’s Rosa Klebb…this is a writer, and a hero, to watch” – The Daily Mail”Black writes with the pace of Lee Child, and the heart of Harlan Coben.” – New York Times Bestseller, Joseph Finder”"Hold on tight, this one burns like a lit fuse.” – International Bestseller, Gregg Hurwitz————————————————————A DEADLY MISSION
It may be Christmas Eve in New York, but for ex-military bodyguard Ryan Lock it’s business as usual. His task: to protect the CEO of the world’s largest bio-technology company from a group of radical, and highly determined, activists.
A BLOODY SHOOTOUT
But when a failed assassination attempt leaves the streets of midtown littered with bodies, and hours later the son of the company’s chief research scientist is abducted from his Upper West Side prep school, Lock’s hunt for the boy turns into an explosive game of cat and mouse.
ONLY ONE MAN CAN SAVE NEW YORK
Through the corporate corridors of power and dark alleys of Manhattan, Lock’s search leads him towards a deadly confrontation with one of the world’s most dangerous women, a deadly Chechen black widow seeking revenge against America. As the clock ticks towards midnight on New Year’s Eve, and the crowds gather in Times Square, Lock realizes that not only is his own life in terrible danger but so are the lives of millions of others…
Genre(s): African American
Being raised by a single mother, sisters Tisha and Tosha Brown had it instilled in them at an early age to always be there for one another no matter what. Their mother, Daisy made sure they understood this and would never forget it. “You will meet a lot of people in this world, men and women. Some may become some of the best people you know, while others will be the worst. At the end of the day motherfuckers will stab you in the back, but I want y’all to always remember, y’all are sisters before anything.”
Having to grow up faster than they thought when their mother passed, the girls took on a whole new meaning of LOYALTY. Doing whatever it takes to make sure they needed and wanted for nothing they took to the streets. Don’t get it twisted selling their bodies wasn’t on the menu but selling some of the purest cocaine that Newark, NJ had ever seen was! The girls built themselves a team of the wildest cats in the game. But what happens when the ones you thought were loyal can’t be trusted anymore. The men in the game ain’t feeling women running a business that they feel should only consist of men. But once respect is earned and love comes into play will the sisters’ still go by what they were taught or let the streets tear them apart.
Being crowned the queen wasn’t intended and the love of thy sister is all they knew, but will the motto “money over niggas, it’s all business, nothing personal” still stand when the gun smoke clears?
Genre(s): Cookbooks Food & Wine
** Over 30 Delicious & Best Selling Recipes **
* The Ultimate Bacon Wrapped Guide *
Everything is better with bacon! Bacon wrapped everything! We have collected the most delicious and best selling recipes from around the world. Everything from Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots to Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs. The list goes on and the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
Take a peak at a few of the recipes inside!
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
Bacon Wrapped Halibut
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Bacon Wrapped Olives